This 3M™ Tegaderm™ Transparent Film Dressing can be used to cover and protect catheter sites and wounds, maintain a moist environment for wound healing, and secure devices to the skin.
3M’s laboratory testing has proven 3M™ Tegaderm™ and Tegaderm™ HP Transparent Dressings provide a viral (HIV-1 and HBV) barrier while dressings remain intact without leakage.
- A waterproof, sterile barrier that protects catheter sites and wounds from external contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, blood and body fluids – in vitro testing shows that the transparent film provides a viral barrier from viruses 27nm in diameter or larger while the dressing remains intact without leakage
- The breathable film lets oxygen in and moisture vapour out
- Picture-frame delivery makes placement accurate and easy, minimising the potential to stick to gloves or to itself
- The breathable film, allows oxygen in and moisture vapour out
- Sterile, waterproof dressing that provides a breathable bacterial and viral barrier to outside contaminants and allows the patient to shower*
- Comprehensive clinical documentation
- Cover and protect catheter sites and wounds
- Maintain a moist environment for wound healing
- As a secondary dressing
- As a protective cover over at-risk skin
- To secure devices to the skin
- Superficial burns
- As a protective eye covering